- Global Parts (Pty) Ltd (Registration Number 1995/004559/07) (‘Global’, ‘we’ ‘us’ or ‘our’) has its head office at 70-72 12th Road, Kew, Johannesburg 2090.
- Global promises to treat all your personal information carefully and responsibly.
- Personal information includes any information that lets Global identify you as a unique individual, such as your name and surname combined with your physical address, contact details and identity number.
- Personal information also refers to the personal information that uniquely identifies a legal entity, such as the trading name of a company combined with the company registration number.
- Personal information may be given to or collected by Global in writing as part of a written application form, electronically or telephonically.
- Processing of personal information includes any initial processing that Global does when we first collect your personal information. It also includes any further and ongoing processing that Global is allowed to carry out legitimately in terms of the reasons detailed in paragraph 8 below. The term ‘processing’ includes collecting, using, altering, merging, linking, organising, disseminating, storing, retrieving, disclosing, erasing, archiving, destroying or disposing of personal information.
- Global will only collect and process your personal information in line with the purpose for which you provided it to us (opening an account), or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by.
- Global may process your personal information in order to protect your or our legitimate interests. Global will not collect and process personal information about you that we do not need for this purpose. The general purposes for which Global collects and process your personal information include, but are not limited, to:
a) creating a record of you on our system in order to verify your identity; provide you with the account that you have applied for; and then communicate with and keep you informed about the account and products we offer in order to best serve you as a customer
b) Assessing whether you qualify for the granting of credit; or the increasing or decreasing of your credit limit
c) Identifying you and verifying your delivery address, source of income and similar information
d) Further processing for historical, statistical or research purposes where the outcomes will not be published in identifiable format;
e) Where you are a Global Parts employee (including contractor), we also create an employment record of you on our system to facilitate continuous monitoring during your employment with us
f) Where you are a Global Parts director, we also create a record of you as a director on our system; and
g) Where you are a creditor to Global, we also process your personal information for due diligence, risk assessment, administrative and payment purposes.
- Furthermore, Global will not process your personal information unless:
a) You have consented to Global processing it;
b) It is necessary to exercise or defend a right or obligation in law;
c) It is necessary to comply with an international legal obligation of public interest;
d) It is for certain historical, research or statistical purposes that would not adversely affect your privacy; or
e) You have deliberately made your information public.
- There are some personal information fields that you are required to fill in if you want Global Parts to provide you with your chosen product and/or service or onboard you as an employee, supplier, or director. This information can be provided in writing, electronically or telephonically, but it must be accurate and complete. If Global does not receive the necessary personal information, we will not be able to continue with your application. If you are already a customer/employee/supplier/director and Global asks you for this information and you do not provide it, we will have to suspend the provision of the product and/or services for a period of time.
- In most cases, personal information will be collected directly from you, but there may be other instances when Global will collect personal information from other sources. These may include: public records; places where you may already have made your personal information public (for example, on social media); credit bureaus; or individuals/directors whom you have appointed as your representative, where you are a corporate entity. Global will only collect your personal information from other sources where we are legally entitled or obliged to do so, and you are entitled to enquire from Global as to the sources from which your personal information has been collected, should you so wish.
- For the purposes outlined in paragraph 8 (above), Global will, in most instances, collect and process your personal information internally. However, there are times when Global needs to outsource these functions to third parties, either within Global or external to Global, including parties in other countries. Where your personal information is shared internally within Global, such sharing will be carried out only for the purposes outlined in paragraph 8 (above). Global may also need to share your personal information with external organisations such as credit bureaus, tax authorities or other regulatory or industry bodies, so that we can meet our due diligence or regulatory requirements. Global will not share your personal information with third parties who do not need your personal information, or where Global is not legally permitted to do so. When Global decides to transfer your personal information to third parties, we will only provide it to organisations that have the same data privacy policies as Global or those who are subject to laws relating to the processing of personal information that are similar to those that apply to Global.
- As a customer, if you have opted out of receiving electronic marketing communications (via media such as SMS, email or automated calling machines), Global will not market to you using electronic media. However, if you are receiving marketing via electronic media, you have the right to
opt outat any time by following the instructions on the marketing material received. Global will continue to market to you using telephonic means until such time you have opted out.
- To the extent that local legislation permits you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
a) The right to access your personal information that we have on record. Please refer to our PAIA manual for the process to access your personal information.
b) You have the right to ask Global to correct any personal information that is incorrect. These requests must be made to us in writing.
c) You can ask Global to delete or destroy your personal information. You can also object to us processing your personal information. These requests must be made to Global Parts in writing. However the result of such a request will be that Global may have to suspend the provision of products and freeze your account for a period of time, or even to terminate our relationship with you. Globals’ records are subject to regulatory retention periods, which means Global may not be able to delete or destroy your personal information immediately upon request.
- If you have a complaint relating to the protection of your personal information, including the way in which it has been collected or processed by Global, please contact us using the head office contact details as listed below. If you have not had your complaint dealt with satisfactorily, you may lodge a complaint with your local privacy regulator in terms of the applicable privacy laws.
South Africa: 011 555 7600 or email email@example.com
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.